Researcher in Probability & Mathematical Statistics,
- 2017-Highlights of EPL (European Physics Letters) of IOP (Editor's Choice for 2017) on our work on immune networks 75@Publications: link here
- 2015-Highlights of J.Phys. A (Math. & Theor. Physics) of IOP (outstanding contributions/best papers of 2015) on our work on neural networks (Section: Statistical Physics). paper 64@Publications: brochure here (with Elena's picture:D)
- 2014-Highlights of J.Phys.A (Math. & Theor. Physics) of IOP (outstanding contributions/best papers of 2014) on our work on spin glasses (Section: Mathematical Physics). paper 51 @Publications: brochure here (with Adriano's picture!:D)
- 2013-Highlights of J.Phys.A (Math. & Theor. Physics) of IOP (outstanding contributions/best papers of 2013) on our work on immune networks (Section: Complex Systems) paper 49 @Publications: brochure here
- 2012-Highlights of J.Phys. A (Math. & Theor. Physics) of IOP (outstanding contributions/best papers of 2012) on our work on spin glasses (Section: Statistical Physics) paper 42 @Publications): brochure here
For four consecutive years my papers on "Journal of Physics A: Mathematical & Theoretical" have been selected for "Highlights: best papers/outstanding contributions of the year" by the Institute of Physics Publishing [IOP]
- Nov-2017 Abilitato Professore Associato (II Fascia) in Fisica Applicata (Applied Physics).
- Nov-2017 il X numero di Ithaca: viaggio nella scienza è stato pubblicato. Link here
- Jul-2017 SuperQuark dedicated a reportage on our work on Theoretical Immunology
- Jul-2017: I am in the evaluation board for Prof. Dr. Moritz Helias (other board members: Prof. John Hertz, Prof. Andrea Crisanti)
- Jul-2017: I speak at the Julich Symposium "Stochastic dynamics in biophysical systems, neuronal networks and field theoretical approaches"
- Jul-2017: for the next four years I will join the Editorial Board of the UniSalento divulgative journal Ithaca
- Jul-2017: I speak at the INdAM conference MOBI2017 about our Theoretical Immunology research
- May-2017: I am a member of the Board (Collegio Dottorale) for the new Ph.D. in UniSalento: "Nanotechnology"
- Apr-2017: I speak at the Spring Doctoral School "Critics2017: Criticality in complex systems"
- Feb-2017: PloS recognized me as officiale Referee for its journals: list here
- Jan-2017: I moved to the Department of Mathematics & Physics "Ennio De Giorgi" of Università del Salento
- Oct-2016: I moved to the Computer Science Department of Sapienza Università di Roma (INF/01) to deepen AI research
- Jun-2016: In the new number of Scienze&Ricerche, n. 32 -index here- (Italian only: inizia la lettura qui) there is a divulgative paper by E. Agliari and myself on emergent properties of nets in the Immune System analyzed via Disordered Statistical Mechanics: paper
- Apr-2016: I have been elected fellow of Institut d'ètudes avanceès IMèRA (Marseille) [final list: here there is one fellow per discipline] where I'll have the privilege to share work with Alain Barrat and Viktor Jirsa on Cibernetic Immunology.
- Apr-2016: I will be Editor (2016/2017) for the Scientific Pages of Artificial Intelligence and Journal of Immune Research
- Feb/Mar 2016: I will held seminars on Biocomplexity in Bologna, Nice Sophia-Antipolis, Warwick and London (Randall)
- Feb-2016: Elsevier recognized me as a key Referee for its journals: title here
- Feb-2016: PLoS recognized me as official Referee for its journals: title here
- January 2016: "Almanacco delle Scienze" by C.N.R. has dedicated a page to our divulgative journal Scienze&Ricerche: link here.
- January 2016: also this year I will be in the Editorial Board of the Italian divulgative scientific journal Scienze&Ricerche: certificate
- December 2015: I am visiting Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne and present some results at the Computational Neuroscience Laboratory directed by Prof. W. Gerstner
- October-2015: our book Theory and Applications in Mathematical Physics is finally out at World Scientific: link here.
- August-2015: 1500 researchers in AI (me included) signed against "autonomous weapons". Here the Scientific American article, and here the original letter (and here the list of signers) -> no more AI techniques in weapons of mass destruction!!!
- Jun-2015: the highlights (best papers) for the year 2014 of JPA-IOP (Math & Theor Phys) are out! details here.
- Jun-2015: for the next two years I'll play in the Editorial Board of Nature Scientific Reports (section Chemical Physics & Artificial Intelligence).
- May-2015: I speak at Biophysics@Rome2015. Program and details here.
- May-2015: the special issue of Journal of Theoretical Biology on Autoimmune Phenomena is finally out: link here.
Remarkably our contribution (paper n.71 in my pubblication list, namely "Anergy in self-directed B cells from a statistical mechanics perspective" has been judged as "all the more interesting paper" in the preface of the book (available here), wrote by Prof. Root Berenstein.
- Mar-2015: My (very partial) profile is avaiable on Academia.edu now.
- Mar-2015: I accepted to be in the Editorial Board (panel di Fisica) of the divulgative journal Scienze&Ricerche.
- Mar-2015: Elena Agliari (one of my most frequent collaborator) has her new website here.
- Feb-2015: Biological Cybernetics has now two major contributions on Nature Scientific Reports, see publications 68 and 52.
- Feb-2015: the next number of Europhysics News, issue 46/2 (link here, pag.7 -or 9, depends on browsers-), dedicates an "highlights article" to progresses made in Neural Networks thanks to our approaches (see the letters PRL2013 and PRL2015 or the long paper where the whole theory is exposed here).
- Jan-2015: Our paper "Metastable states in the hierarchical Dyson model drive parallel processing in the Hierarchical Hopfield network" will appear also in the 2014-IOP-Select.
- Jan-2015: I will be in France (Marseille & Paris) within the trimester at Institute Henrì Poincarè "Disordered systems, random spatial processes and some applications" and present our novel results on Quantitative Sociology and Economical Complexity.
- Our work on hierarchical neural networks has been selected for the cover of JPhysA (Vol.48 Iss. 1): here.
- In the month of December 2014 I am Invited Professor at IMERA to held the course "Modeling the Response of the Adaptive Immune System" for PhDs and researchers.
- In the month of November 2014 I am visiting Sao Paulo University (Brazil) at the Stochastic Modeling Center (from the November Conference, where I will present our novel results on multitasking neural networks, see PRL2012).
- Our book "Mathematical Physics: from Theory to Applications" (editors: A. Barra, E. Agliari, G. Montani, B. Tirozzi) will be available (published by European Physics Press) on April2015
- Details regarding the Conference: "Mathematical Physics: Theory & Application" September 18-20 (Sapienza, Rome): download the Program or Abstracts of the event, (organizers: E. Agliari, A. Barra)
- May-2014: I have been invited to play as opener at the conference "Biophysics@Rome2014": details here.
- Cover page from JPhysA on our Theoretical Immunology work: details available here & here
- Details regarding our Workshop: "Modelling the Complexity of the Immune System" held @ European Conference on Complex Systems 2013, (organizers: E. Agliari, A. Annibale, A. Barra, Ton Coolen) Barcelona (Spain)
- Details on "Complenet2014": Fifth workshop on complex networks (program: here)
- Sapienza-Elsevier webpage (far from up-to-date) of my works: link here
- IOP dedicated an Insight report on our work regarding Immune Networks to better trigger physicist's and mathematician's curiosity.
- Details on the Conference: "Five decades of Theoretical Physics" 21-24 September 2013 held @Sapienza (Dipartimento di Fisica), Rome. (organizers: Adriano Barra, Enzo Marinari, Giorgio Parisi, Giancarlo Ruocco). Download "Locandina" (note: it is a poster size), or the Program or the Abstracts of the event
- Il numero 07 di Accastampato (4/11/12) in ricorrenza della scomparsa di Daniel Amit (Contributi di: Giorgio Parisi, Paolo Del Giudice, Alberto Bernacchia, Adriano Barra): here
- A talk by Peter Sollich summarizing our work on glassy rheology